Wednesday, March 5, 2008

THE FAMILY PHOTO

Musci Pick: Everything I Own
THE FAMILY PHOTO: However allusive a good one is…. it is the nature and disposition of all most all mothers to try with all her skill to contrive that perfect moment, when not only the planets are all aligned but..... none of the children are hostile, combative, or belligerent towards the idea.
Perhaps, we continue under this dilution of a "possible success" for one simple reason, we want to SEE THAT IT CAN HAPPEN! Interestingly enough it really only comes when one let's go of it all and simple allows it to happen. (that and a fast shutter).
This shot comes pretty close for me.



Nevertheless, a few moments before perfection can look like this......


"highly unlikely"




Frightening
(rare) disobedience




and, well even fun.

10 comments:

Angie said...

YAY I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of you and your hard work.... I see that it paid off!

TnD said...

And you thought you weren't tech savvy. I love the format. I love the photos. And I can't wait for more posts.

Anonymous said...

What why did I not know about your blog. I am so excited I love your little fam so keep on postin'

MaRea Hess said...

I am happy to see the blog up and running. Now we need to get Paul, Nichole and Karen on board. I love the picture of Rilyand. Kaden is starting to make guns out of everything....spoons,brooms,sticks well you know how that goes EVERYTHING is a gun. How do these boys learn that there are guns around???? I know Halo Kaden told me last week when we were playing "Mommy don't shoot Daddy." The things we teach our children. I am excited for the upcoming posts.

Lindsey Smith said...

Kim, WOW! I love it and i can't wait for more. Fab pictures, love ryland. Keep it up!

Melissa Thatcher said...

This photo is fantastic! SO HAPPY that you have entered the blogger world! Much easier to stay aboard all the details . . .

MnS said...

Kim,
I want to also cheer for the slow kid that decided to join the race.
Use the one you like to get you to your next post...
1. I think I can, I think I can
2. I am special
3. No one can smell me, and as long as it does not leak through my levis... I am the only one that will know.

MnS said...

Your kids are all so beautiful. Good to see that you are getting on board with the blogging world. Love you all.

MnS said...

Note that Mark wrote the first post. I do not claim any doing to the first post.

Kyle Hess said...

No worries Shari we can smell Marks style a time zone away