Thursday, March 27, 2008

THESE OLD KEYS

Music Pick: New Sole (it's perfect)
Theses old dog's can teach new tricks!













There is something you can hear through the mistakes, and even the "I hate this, leave me alone's" that makes the effort of practice worth while. I wish you could see the little applause Allyse gives herself (literally) after she's played something to her satisfaction.


She decided to play Go Tell Aunt Rhody in the school talent show, with no coaxing from her mother. I could tell she was excited the morning of her performance when she said "mom it's going to be in front of 150 kid's" like she was playing to a sold out crowd in the Delta Center. This is Allyse moments before her big piano solo.

All the excitement brought on a bloody nose, but never fear, she was cool as a cucumber and we can tell Aunt Rhody Allyse played without skipping a beat.


I hope she enjoyed my applause this time as much as she did her own.

6 comments:

TnD said...

Love the pic and the worn keys. That is the best way to learn, on a well loved piano.

MnS said...

She is so amazing. I have to laugh because after Christmas break when McK had heard about how amazing she was, he immediately linked her talent and his as though they were one and the same. I would hear him ask how rare their talent was or how weird it was that they both could play by ear, or wonder out loud how good they were. It made me laugh so many times as I kept the reality to myself. Maybe someday, but for now as long as he still loves the piano, I'm happy.

Angie said...

I got to hear Ally play and she played beautifuly! The tears and frustration paid off hopefully when she heard everyone applause for her cute little self. My personal favorite part is the bloody nose!

Louis said...

What a girl! I would be terrified to play in front of 150 people even now so that is great!! I remember the days my mom made me play and I cursed her about it but what I would give now to have just tried harder...oh well. Tell her to keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

I love that little girl! She is such an amazing little person and growing up way too fast she is looking so big! I can't believe she would be excited to play infront of a bunch of people. That was one of the reasons I never played piano. I would always dropout before the receitle because I was terrified of messing up. You go girl. I would have love to have been there to here her play...it chokes me up to think about it!

Melissa Thatcher said...

YEEEAAAHHH Ally! Beautiful post - it made me so happy to hear, read, and imagine this little performer in her element.
Kim, you are quite the blogger now!