Monday, April 21, 2008

ICEING LOVE (THESE EYES music pick) top song to the right


Come to think of it, I think I have seen this before. Lee at his favorite restaurant, Hamiltons.

Lee found this camera, hanging on the fence after a year in the sun and snow. I thought all was lost, plugged it in and found this. Like old journal entries, it was like living a moment from the past. I've also added a post that's gone unpublished because I had no picture for it.

Warning this post may contain elements of potty humor. Sometimes I wish I had Lee's job, Sometimes he wishes he had mine. For example, this morning Lee came home unexpectedly, & then found himself on the bed watching a little Charlie and Lola with Ryland & Rachel and commented on how great it would be if this was his job. I hadn't noticed Ryland was gone until we heard a voice from the bathroom down the hall. It was Ryland perched from atop the toilet and yelling unabashed "Mom I need your help" Lee looked at me and said "what's that all about"? That is Ryland needing me to.......dare I say wipe his bum. Lee just started howling, it was hilarious for some reason. Then another holler from the bathroom "Mom" he barked through a sliver of an opening in the door, all while still perched."I need your help". I'm coming Ryland, " You are still wiping his bum?" Lee chuckles, "Ya and it ain't no fun neither" was my response. I'm not sure who was wanting who's job at that moment, but I must add that as unpleasant as it can be, there comes a well earned installment of love, safely tucked into the hearts of those who wipe bums and such, that feeds the soul. I really do love my job. It hasn't come easy or fast but it is coming.

8 comments:

TnD said...

That could be an icing commercial. He looks so pleased with himself.

MaRea Hess said...

Do you have to wipe bums forever? Kaden is potty training and I am hoping he can learn to wipe his own bum SOOOON!!

Jeff and Holly said...

Yum, I think I would love to join in on that! Those are adorable pictures. I'm still wiping Porter too,(Port a pot). I am debating on taking the leap of letting him try it on his own. I am petrified of the thought of him not washing his hands after!!!
I think Ryland looks a lot like my Porter. I have thought so in the past, but looking at those pictures confirms it for me.

Anonymous said...

That is realy funny just hearing Lee laugh makes me laugh hard...and I am not looking forward to wiping Thatcher's bum!

P.S. I workded out to your music mix and I absolutly love it! I want all of them so I can play it for my fitness class on Tuesday's!

Angie said...

I have witnessed the feasting at Hamiltons and must agree that the same sly face that Ryland has is the same on Lee's face at hamiltons. I'm so glad you found this camera. And I can't wait to be a cute little mom someday and have my job be wiping bums!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love these pics of Ryland he is such a dang cute kid! I love that you found enouph humor in what he was doing that you got out the camera and took pictures of it rather than rip the spoons out of his hands...you are such a dang good and cute mom!

Kim I just wanted to let you know you are the reason I have music on
my blog! I love your music so much I decided to put a little of what I love on my little blog!

Yes I would have loved to have known what was going through my head! I really think I was not happy because I was wearing a dress, I loved being a kid so the only thing that would have given me stress was the dress... or Mark!!!
Or really who knows but I would love to know.

Amy said...

I totally know what you mean about switching jobs. Sometimes I would love just to get out of the house and not worry about the stuff at home (mostly the laundry). But then I think about having to program advanced algorithms or some crazy thing and know how good I've got it. ;-)

Actually, I'm so, SO grateful to be able to stay home with my little kidlets and watch them progress and grow. What an incredible blessing... along with a hubby who will wipe bums and change diapers.

So fun to read about you're beautiful family. Blogs are so awesome! And you look pretty tech savvy to me.