Thursday, June 5, 2008

SOMETHING TO ENJOY

I know she is mine, but don't you just think she is beautiful. Can I share a little bit of her with you? Lauren, went looking for the music from her favortie movie Pride And Prejudice. She found it and we of course bought it and it's loveliness has satisfied our want for refinement, some 4 and 20 days. (Can you tell we have been watching Pride and Prejudice, not just the latest version but the PBS extended 3 disc series as well.) Check out a few of our favorites from the sound track. Start with Liz On Top Of The World, (It's my personal favorite) and then listen on to Georgiana if you could use a stress buster.
Two things happen when I hear this little beauty playing-a-way in my teenagers' room. First, I am so grateful to have such a delightful child in our home. She clearly can discern good from evil AND the exceptional from the mundane. She quietly teaches, patience, kindness, and the best of all.......living in the details. I often find Lauren taking an extra moment to watch a potato bug roll around in Rylands hands, or not just listening to a story Rachel's telling, but laughing with her. Some how her goodness cancels out some of the badness around her.
The music she is listening to is masterful, and in her very own 'still in process' kind of way so is Lauren. I'm quite certain Lauren will find her very own Mr. Darcy some day. (English accent required for reading that last sentence.)
The second thing that happens is..... gratitude as well. The more I hear this lovely little piece (Liz On Top Of The World), the more I marvel at it's ability to contrast the good and bad of human emotions and produce a feeling of victory over the willful condition we call mortality. It fills me with joy! I am left feeling so grateful for a Father in Heaven, who knew and loved me so much he gave me ears, a heart, music and LAUREN, so He could show me things Divine, even so He could show me Himself, in a round about sort of way. I'm not sure what Lauren is learning form listening, but to be sure I am learning from her.
.

9 comments:

theadventursofsidandlinda said...

Ethereal! To be in Lauren's presence is to feel peace, acceptance and love. She has the ability to take whatever lemons are handed her and made lemonade.
Lauren is one of those people I feel has found peace within herself and is therefore able to influence every life that touches hers for good. She has an aura that exudes tranquility and wherever she is I want to be.

Kyle Hess said...

As I was reading i had a little tear in my eye because you are 100% right. There is something about our Lauren that is so tender and sweet. I have a sweet spot for your girl and you are so luck to have her and be able to call her your own. Love you Lauren!

Kyle Hess said...

that was from lindsey not kyle

MnS said...

Lauren is the best of the best! It is hard not to love Lauren!!

Anonymous said...

I love my Laurie Lou! She is exceptional!!! In so many ways, Lauren has such a big heart she sees the good in people and is able to overlook the negative! I miss you Lauren you are such an amazing and beautiful person inside and out!!! I have to agree with all that mom said too Lauren you are just awesome!!!

Louis said...

I agree she is BEAUTIFUL!!

Tibbitts Paperbag said...

i must agree myself. i can't helpo it. it is just me.

TnD said...

I love the movie and the soundtrack. If you haven't seen it already rent, Becoming Jane. It is the fictionalized back story of Jane Austen. Really great and great music too. Get her the soundtrack to A Room with a View too. She will love it.

Melissa Thatcher said...

Yeah Lauren! She is beautiful, isn't she?