Friday, October 10, 2008

SOME TIMES LIFE FEELS LIKE A GAME SHOW

Music Selection; Spanish Flea
October 10, 2008; I have to get this blog done before the world comes to an end!
..
.
Today it felt a bit like it was my turn to step onto the stage and see what's behind Door#1 .........
It was Laurens' 14th Birthday.OK so it is Laurens Birthday, not Allyse's but she is really ticked off we are not celebrating something for her!
Ryland (Laurens Biggest Fan) spent the day with her,getting a make over, going to lunch with her and her friend, and making home-made root beer for a "Lauren Party".

THE ROOT BEER!

Behind Door #2.......... Was A first Date.


Do your remember your first date? Maybe you would if you had a picture of it.



Maybe it would really make you mad...... beyond words even, if your Dad & Mom insisted on a photo. But you would for sure remember the date, right? (I had to blog for posterity)! Jake didn't seem to mind. They went rock climbing and it sounds like it went good. Much better than my first date.
I well remember sitting through the longest Aggie basket ball game of all time, with nothing to say, and then forgetting how to swallow soda, I coughed uncontorable, gasping for air & caused a bit of a scene. I appologized and never dated again. An "edit" button on the lifetime replay would be a nice feature. First dates, what do ya think?
.
Here is one last shot of Lauren and her "make over". If you look closely you can see Allyse......still 'ticked off ' there in the background.
Family, isn't it great, there is always a new milestone for marking.






10 comments:

stitch said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kyle Hess said...

Where is the commentary that goes with this. I want ALL the details.

Melissa Thatcher said...

I love hearing these details! So many great dynamics. And they're all growing up so fast!!

MaRea Hess said...

I love that you got a picture of Meg on her first date, how mortifying I feel her pain. Your fist date I am sure you will never forget.

What a fun Birthday for Lauren, I love October.

Angie said...

As much as I love that you got a picture I'm gonna have to side with Meg "How Embarrassing! But wow did Lauren look BEAUTIFUL with her make over! SO FUN!!

TnD said...

Yeah Lauren. Yeah Meagan. What a cute first date.

Andie Bonze said...

You tell meghan i am pissed that she forgot to call me right after that date! She promised she would and she didnt. IM going to be calling her very VERY Soon.
Oh and tell Laurie loo that she looks very pretty and that I cant wait to see her again:)

Anonymous said...

Noooo I can't believe Meg had her first date! And she had to have her family taking a picture of her! Way to go Kim she will appreciate it someday! Lauren you are absolutly BEAUTIFUL!!! Happy Birthday!!!

Louis said...

Holy Cow...I can't believe that Meghan is dating. That must be scary for you guys. I am dreading the day my girls are old enough to date. But, yes I remember my first date and I remember being very dissapointed. Not that it was a terrible date just that I had spent sixteen years of my life picturing what it would be like...I don't think that is possible to live up to.

Lynette said...

Yikes...first date. I love that you took a pic. Isn't it our job as parents to embarass our kids! I know I plan to do the same to Mitch....he turns 16 on Nov 15...yikes again!

Your family is so cute and grown up looking. WOW!!!