Saturday, October 18, 2008

CAN'T SLEEP.......music pick: One-- Country

CAN'T SLEEP!
I am seeking some kind of resolution to my worries, worries I want desperately, at 2 am to put to bed. Maybe blogging can help.
THE IDEA:
Our Founding Fathers desired a government that would be FOR the people and BY the people. I believe these men to have been inspired of God in the foundation of our nation. The principles they espoused have made the United States a beacon of hope, and a tower of strength, and oh, so very prosperous for over 200 years
FIGURING.....
I figure the problems of our day are the same as any other time in history. If we boil them down, pride and selfishness rule the roost of our social ills, and have for every other pride cycle in human history, both personal and societal.
MY QUESTION:
That is why I find myself awake. None of this (the current state of our nation) is new, and if we believe the constitution to be an inspired document, and the men who framed it to be behind the thoughts and experiences that helped produced such genius, why are we as a nation moving away from and not towards these principles of truth?
MY WORRY:
Why are we as a nation so willing to abandon the wisdom of our Founding Fathers, for that of our own? Our wisdom is uselessly closer to tyranny, poverty, and oppression, than we have been in over 200 years, and yet so far from the recollection of the same, that it appears we do not know how to avoid it. We say “those who are unwilling to learn from history are doomed to repeat it”.
A POSSIBLE CONCLUSION:
Disregard the past &.... find better social engineering? It makes no sense.
I guess you have to ask, "Who do you trust?" The men who lived in tyranny & oppression and ate it's fruits, and then fought with, their all to correct it, and did so with great success, or this generation of politicians, we are crying out to, for more ethics, & integrity, less self serving & more moral fiber.
Now, does not seem the time to change "UP?"
A POSSIBLE SOLUTION:
Study....
NEXT BIG QUESTION:
Who of our current choices for President of the United States is most closely aligned with the founding fathers? ( I know, and I feel your pain). Maybe this will help.
SAMUEL ADAMS:
"The utopian schemes of leveling [redistribution of the wealth], and a community of goods [central ownership of all the means of production and distribution], are as visionary and impracticable as those which vest all property in the Crown. [These ideas] are arbitrary, despotic, and in our government, unconstitutional."
THOMAS JEFFERSON
“To take from one, because it is thought his own industry and that of his fathers have acquired to much, in order to spare(give) to others, who or whose fathers have not exercised equal industry and skill,is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association; the guaranty to everyone the free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it.”
ABRAHAM LINCOLN
“Property is the fruit of labor. Property is desirable. It is a positive good in the world. That some should be rich is to show that others may become rich and hence is just an encouragement to industry and enterprise. Let not he who is houseless pull down the house of another, but let him labor diligently and build one for himself and this by example, assuring that his own shall be safe from violence.”
BENJAMIN FRANKLIN
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.”
.
I hear The American Dream resonating in these quotes!
.
FINAL THOUGHT:
JAMES MADISON
“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”
.
I think in the end this is the thought that will help me sleep tonight. Experience has a way of eventually teaching all her students, even if there are some intent on avoiding such knowledge. Let the learning begin.

10 comments:

Tibbitts Paperbag said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Great blog Kim. Go USA!! Down with Obama!!

TnD said...

Kim, I think you are a politician in the making. The best way to make a difference is to learn to lead.

MaRea Hess said...

i am sooooooooooo with you on this. love you and your passion. more people need to feel that same passion.

MaRea Hess said...

sorry the last post was from lindsey not marea.

theadventursofsidandlinda said...

I feel your pain but I don't think there is any hope, we are headed for the bottom. This will probably show up as festivusmiracle but it is really linda.

MaRea Hess said...

Kim,

I love that you know so much about the politicians and what they stand for. The HOPE that I see coming from Obama being in office is that the second coming might be sooner than later!!! Kim I love that you are so much older than me but I feel like we are such good friends, their are many siblings who don't know their siblings who are older than them. I would have to say I love our family, even if we are a little CRAZY.

Miriam Lee said...

Hey Kim. It's Miriam here. Loved your post. Do we really have to vote in two weeks? They say those who do not vote deserve the government they get--what about those of us who vote!! What are we going to get?? Grrr!!! Darin and I have recently rented the HBO miniseries "John Adams". If you haven't seen it--it's worth it. These men sacrificed SO much to establish this country. I wonder what they'd say today--I think they are dizzy from rolling over and over and over in their graves!!! I hate politics and don't understand people who see their parties candidiate as the righteous, decent , moral man who will save us all from the woes of the world. If only politicians were not so politician-y. Tell me what to do!!! I don't know if I can force myself to the polls!!

Anonymous said...

Girl I so totally agree with you!!! and I am so glad that you are so well informed keep it up! I love to hear your political views because you are pretty much right on!!! I like with what anonymous said "Down with Obama"!

JaCee said...

have you seen the 3 disc series "John Adams"? It's a good watch for helping the constitution come to life and sacrifice that went into it.