Friday, December 5, 2008

MY BIG FAT REDNECK THANKSGIVING music pick; Sweet Home Alabama

REDNECK: refers to a stereotype of usually rural, Caucasian (ie white) people of lower socioeconomic status in the United States and Canada, OR as Jeff Foxworthy puts it "redneck is a glorious lack of sophistication!" and I would add; Ever ready with an inexpensive and creative solution, all be it a lazy one.

Redneck Mailbox..... Redneck Counterweight

Redneck Swing.....Redneck Satellite System

I got to wondering if we “The Thatcher Clan” are a bunch of rednecks, when we spent our Thanksgiving, shootin skeet, riding motor bikes, eatin at bufFETS, and hearing conversation like this one between the younins and Grandpa;

"While ears need to be cleaned regularly, this is a job that should be done in private using one's own truck keys, or preferably one's own pen. (NOTE: Pen and or keys, must also be cleaned regularly, because ear wax buildup can short circuit both devices.)"

I really started to wonder if it were true, when Shari told me the story of Lukes' broken elbow. She said; "Luke fell into an empty swimming pool and that’s how he broke his elbow, Mark called 911. The 911 operator told Mark that she would send someone out right away. "Where are you" asked the operator. Mark replied, "At the end of Eucalyptus Drive." The operator asked, "Can you spell that for me?" There was a long pause and finally Mark said, "How 'bout if I drive him over to Oak Street, and you pick him up there?"

So I got on line and took a lil test; here are the results;

You know your a redneck if your Christmas ornaments are made out of spent shot-gun shells...... (I have noticed they are RED and GREEN, and seeins how we spent most of black Friday shootin, we may want to check Mark and Sharis' Christmas tree for signs of redneck behavior.)

Your hairdo has ever been ruined by a ceiling fan or flight through a blow up gantlet. refer to photo. (OK I have some great photos Mark sent me from our time in Palm Springs, but this Hillbilly, Redneck can't get them to upload. I'll keep trying they are really funny.)



You know if you’re a redneck if you have ever used the force in conjunction with Thanksgiving. You have ever used a lightsaber to intimidate other grown men and or entertain your wife and children. Again I have photos.


You know your a redneck when your husband's last words were "Hey ya'll, look what I can do!"

Your front porch collapses and kills more than three dogs. no photographic evidence on this one.

OK so there is some evidence that we are......REDNECKS, but I'm not giving up on the illusive sophistication until I see Dave and Mark have mounted a gun rack to their motorcycles! Those yahoo's more than likely have one in their garage, they just haven't figured out how to get it to stay.








11 comments:

Melissa Thatcher said...

I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed. WE ARE rednecks. Let's just all admit it. :)

TnD said...

I thought we were all rather refined for T-day this year, but I guess what they say is true "You can take the boys out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boys". It was so fun to have you all out here.

MnS said...

I agree, you guys are rednecks. I will try to refine all of you, but it will take time.
Mark

Amy said...

Lol! Yeah, I think we Thatcher's have some redneck. I have one for you from our family.

If your idea of fine glassware are holiday glasses from Arby's you might be a redneck.

Yeah, that's us. ;-)

Andie Bonze said...

I wont admit we are rednecks till we all carry a shot gun - or any kind of gun - in our cars and behind our Christmas Trees:)
And if I HAVE to admit that we are, I would like to think that we are Upper-Class Rednecks.
LOve yA!

Miriam Lee said...

I am laughing my head off!!! Growing up I always thought of the Thatcher clan as less-rednecky than most of us out there. You are oh-so refined in my eyes!!

Anonymous said...

We are not rednecks! we are totally refined and normal. Just come to our Christmas tree burning you'll see:)

Angie said...

I have decided that once you accept it, you can truly EMBRACE IT!! So now that we have discoverd this some what uncomfortable "flaw" now for the fun part....true acceptance and EMBRACE!!! Let the games begin

Angie said...

P.S. I LOVE YOU!!

Anonymous said...

Come on over and lets do some P90X baby!
MaRea

Hess said...

kim it says that you have a new post....uhmm not so new! I want a new post!!!!!!!!!!!!!